Friday, September 09, 2005

A Visit From Great-Grandma Harriet

If you ask, who can resist a baby, the answer is almost no one but it is more true with Grandparents. Gazing at the sweet baby brings memories of our own children in small ways that might have been forgotten in our busy day. I remember being astounded by the perfect eyelashes and fingernails. Babies smell so sweet and make such wonderful noises. Wrinkled brow followed by utter calm and contentment. Henry Thomas has been blessed with his Mother's dimples, thank you very much Emily, and I look forward to seeing them each time I visit.

I really can't speak for Great Grandma Harriet but I'm sure she felt the wonder of this child and the happiness he has brought. This is not Harriet's first great grand child but each baby is a new beginning of life and promise. I'm feeling this thrill for the first time and I can't imagine it could get any sweeter.

No comments: